Celebrate Your Business!
The Chamber is always ready to help its members celebrate their successes with ribbon cutting ceremonies. Whether you are a new member or moving to a new location, expanding your existing business or relaunching your product line—the Leesburg Chamber and its members will join you in marking these momentous occasions.
Because the ribbon cutting marks a very significant moment in the business’ history, this is also a great photo and video opportunity. The ceremony gives the business owner or manager a chance to say a few words to those gathered. Business owners have used this time to publicly thank their financial backers, their employees, their friends, and family, and/or their business partners. They also take the opportunity to talk about what their business does.
You must be a new or current Chamber member in good standing (including dues paid) for the Leesburg Chamber of Commerce to participate in your ribbon cutting.
To book your Ribbon Cutting with the Leesburg Area Chamber of Commerce please call 352-787-2131 or fill out the form below and a member of the Chamber team will get back to you shortly.
Please note: Events are scheduled based upon availability and on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Questions? Click here to send us a message or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ribbon Cutting Reservation
Q.Who Qualifies for a Ribbon Cutting?
A. The Leesburg Area Chamber of Commerce is available to assist with your ceremony if your business:
- Is a new member
- Has moved to a new location
- Has been remodeled or has expanded its current location
- Is celebrating a milestone (ie: anniversary)
Q.What are the benefits of holding a Chamber ribbon cutting?
A. By hosting a ribbon cutting, you can:
- Introduce both the public and Chamber members to your business
- Announce your ribbon cutting on the Chamber’s Community Calendar and Facebook Page
- Familiarize the public and Chamber members with your product/services
- Generate news stories about your business
- Familiarize the public and Chamber members with your physical location
- Begin a customer base
- Generate leads and sales from attendees
- Publish a photo of your ribbon cutting in the Chamber’s newsletter with a distribution list of more than 800 contacts
- Publish a photo of your ribbon cutting on the Chamber’s Facebook Page with over 2,000 fans!
Q. Is there a Ribbon Cutting Fee?
A. Ribbon Cutting Ceremonies are free to all Chamber members in good standing (dues paid) for the Leesburg Area Chamber of Commerce.
Q.How does the Chamber Help with a Ribbon Cutting?
A. The Chamber will:
- Notify the Chamber’s Board of Directors and Ambassadors of your ribbon cutting, encouraging their attendance
- Invite local officials on your behalf
- Invite Chamber membership through an email invitation
- List your ribbon cutting on the Chamber’s Event Calendar and on social media
- Have a member of the Chamber’s Leadership Team provide congratulatory remarks
- Send press releases to the local media
- Provide a list of Chamber member caterers
- Bring the “giant scissors” and ribbon
- Take pictures and video at the event and publish a photo in our newsletter and on social media
- Provide you with digital copies of the photos for your use
While the Chamber will extend the above-mentioned invitations and list your ribbon cutting on our Event Calendar, we strongly encourage you to conduct your own PR campaign to increase the attendance and awareness of your business’s opening. You should also consider inviting your business partners, financiers, contractors, employees, customers, friends, and family to be with you to celebrate this momentous occasion in your business’s history.
Tips to Make Your Ribbon Cutting Ceremony a Successful Event
Because your ribbon cutting is your event, there are no set rules. To make your event successful, carefully consider the following:
- Schedule your event at least two weeks in advance. Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, 8:30-9:30, usually generate the best turnout for the number of guests. Ribbon Cuttings at 5 pm are also suitable on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays.
- Be ready at least 15 minutes before your event for early arrivals.
- Determine who will cut the ribbon. The owners or top executives most frequently do the honors, but each business is different and can pick whomever they like.
- Who will be in the photo(s)? Some businesses will take multiple photos with various groups of people before actually cutting the ribbon. Photos might include employees, family, Chamber members, business partners, and Ambassadors for example. Most include everyone who attends.
- Your remarks or speech. This is usually done when everyone is gathered before cutting the ribbon.
- Invite everyone you know! Invite your family; friends; past, current and potential customers; business associates (including your accountant, banker, and property owner,); suppliers; your employees, neighboring businesses; and government officials.
- Consider having giveaways or door prizes, especially logo items that guests can take back to their offices. Many businesses add these extra touches when conducting a public grand opening in conjunction with the ribbon cutting. The Chamber is happy to provide you with members who can help you create gifts.
- Food and beverage are not required, but for open house events, it makes a nice touch. The Chamber is happy to provide you with members who can help you with catering
- Prepare a quick speech and be sure to have plenty of business cards and brochures available.
- Consider mailing or emailing out a special invitation. The Chamber sends out an email invitation to all members. However, you can also mail an invite through the US Postal Service. This is especially encouraged if you are conducting a grand opening with prizes, business specials, and refreshments. The Chamber sells printed mailing labels for its entire membership. This is only available to members. Mailing labels can be purchased for $25.